[icinga-devel] Tried to install icinga2 it fails

Gunnar Beutner gunnar.beutner at netways.de
Wed Oct 31 12:12:02 CET 2012

Am 31.10.2012 10:52, schrieb john s.:
> Hello Gunnar
Hi John,

> Sorry I'm not so familar with GDB
>
> Here is the btfull log:
>

> <snip>
Please update your sources (git pull) and check if you're still seeing
that problem.

> regards john s.

Kind regards
Gunnar Beutner

> Am 31.10.2012, 08:28 Uhr, schrieb Gunnar Beutner
> <gunnar.beutner at netways.de>:
>
>> Am 30.10.2012 16:11, schrieb john s.:
>>> Hello list
>>> ubuntu 10.04 lts
>>> icinga2
>>>
>>> I tried to install the  experimental version icinga 2 from github  on a
>>> test system
>>>
>>> I've made the following steps among these how to's:
>>>
>>> 1. Install icinga2
>>> https://wiki.icinga.org/display/icinga2/Linux+Builds#LinuxBuilds-SampleConfig
>>>
>>> 2. Boost Libraries installed manually
>>> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_51_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html
>>> ( easy and build install )
>>>
>>> 3. linked the libraries with
>>> sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib
>>>
>>> so far so good
>>>
>>> but whne i tried to load the binary with config
>>>
>>> sbin/icinga2 -c etc/icinga2/icinga2.conf
>>>
>>> it comes the following error:
>>>

>>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_cast'
>>>      what():  std::bad_cast
>> Is that the whole error message? Assuming you're using the latest
>> version from the Git repository you should also get a stacktrace which
>> would make identifying this problem quite a bit easier.
>>
>> If you're not getting a stacktrace please consider running icinga2 with
>> gdb (gdb -ex run --args sbin/icinga2 -c etc/icinga2/icinga2.conf) and
>> post a full stacktrace from there (bt full).
>>

>>> regards john s.

Gunnar Beutner
Application Developer

NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 15-19 | D-90429 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 911 92885-0 | Fax: +49 911 92885-77
GF: Julian Hein, Bernd Erk | AG Nürnberg HRB18461

http://www.netways.de | gunnar.beutner at netways.de

** NETWAYS Open Source Data Center Conference 2013 |
    Nürnberg, 17. und 18. April 2013 |
    http://www.netways.de/osdc **
** Puppet Camp 2013 | Nürnberg, 19. April 2013 |
    http://www.netways.de/puppetcamp **