[icinga-devel] combined hostgroups

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Thu Feb 7 12:59:35 CET 2013

Hi,

for a specific service, one can define the hostgroups like this:

hostgroup_name groupA,groupB,!groupC

which means: all hosts in group A or B, but none of those in group C

Now the question:
I have all servers in devel, qual and prod groups, some of those are
also in a group webservers for which I want the same services. Some
checks need different options between dev, qual and prod, so I created
different commands for those.

Now, how can I say that I want a specific service to be executed for
all hosts that are in group devel and are also in group webservers (the
intersection of the 2 groups)?

Something like:

hostgroup_name groupA+groupB

would be nice to have ...