[icinga-devel] icinga-web logout text

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 22:50:33 CEST 2013

On 25.07.2013 21:09, Schmiechen, Sarah wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a fairly new user of Icinga and Icinga-web. I've noticed that the
> logout text for Icinga-Web 1.9.3 (in English) reads a little oddly,
> and I opened a ticket for it:
> https://dev.icinga.org/issues/4458
>
> I'd be happy to try and submit a patch for it via git. I haven't
> submitted a patch to an open source project before, so I wasn't sure
> how to go about it – whether I need to give people a heads up, get any
> account permissions, get approval for the change, etc. Any info
> appreciated!

We'll appreciate any patch input, either directly attached to the
mailinglists, or yet better - attached to a newly opened issue, as you
already did. We're organizing development, ressources and user's
feedback throughout on https://dev.icinga.org so it's best to stick with
that. There's isn't any github pull request option yet but that's merely
for the reason why - we already have our development infrastructure, we
cannot organize 2 platforms currently.

So in terms of your question - the general developer guidelines explain
how to create such a patch.
https://wiki.icinga.org/display/Dev/Developer+Guidelines#DeveloperGuidelines-Patches

Having that said - if you're used to git, just create patches based on
your commits and attach them to your issue.

Details where to change that on the issue itsself.

kind regards,

mail:     michael.friedrich at gmail.com
twitter:  https://twitter.com/dnsmichi
jabber:   dnsmichi at jabber.ccc.de
irc:      irc.freenode.net/icinga dnsmichi

icinga open source monitoring
position: lead core developer
url:      https://www.icinga.org