[Icinga-devel] Introducing a soft-OK state

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at icinga.com
Thu Sep 20 09:55:41 CEST 2018

> On 19. Sep 2018, at 17:21, Markus Frosch <markus.frosch at icinga.com> wrote:
>
> On 19.09.2018 16:45, Edgar Fuß wrote:
>> Is this list alive? If not, what's the preferred way to discuss topics like this?
>
> Best place certainly will be GitHub, that's where we work primarily in
> terms of bugs / features in issues.

I’m reading here, but it is hard to keep track in the various systems. I personally prefer GitHub for code/bugs/features and the forums for questions/discussions/help. So to speak, the lists are “dead for me”.

> In other terms, changes to the state engine are pretty tricky, and we
> really try to avoid them.

I agree here, the past has shown that changes in the state machine cause many support troubles. This is a fundamental part of the core where many features and users rely upon. A bigger change in there would generally need a big major version imho, and a strategic decision beforehand.

Cheers,