[icinga-users] Icinga + Ndoutils

Brad Townsend btownsend at remoteemr.com
Wed Aug 26 07:07:04 CEST 2009

First of all, a big thumbs up for the work done so far. The user experience feels more fluid and modern compared to standard Nagios UI.

My question is will the current builds of ndoutils work with Icinga? I am not well versed in Unix and building from source but I attempted to setup the Cacti and Nagios integration and ran across a few issues that I tried to work around.

When configuring the src before 'make" I did the following:

./configure --with-ndo2db-user=icinga --with-ndo2db-group=icinga

As I got farther in I updated the paths that referenced nagios and replaced them with icinga to match my installation.

The end result was usually a combination of "Still unable to connect to data sink" and after killing the process and restarting the ndo2db daemon I could do a "tail -f /var/log/system" and see the data flow attempting to connect to the database but failing with:

Error: mysql_query() failed for 'INSERT INTO ......

I figure I may have a disconnect between my Cacti config and the ndoutils config but did not want to chase things to far if ndoutils needed some updates to work with Icinga.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks

BradT