[icinga-users] [Feature request/proposal] Hiding (host|service)groups in Web interface

Aleksei Miheev aleksei at miheev.info
Thu Aug 27 12:23:39 CEST 2009

Hello!

I've been using nagios for monitoring a small ISP/HSP network for few
years. Now I'm considering switching to icinga and wondering if anyone
but me needs this feature. Let me explain briefly.

I have about 30 hostgroups now and looks like I need about 20-30 more.
Some of them are "organizational" and group hosts by their role,
location, people responsible for, etc. And some are used only to
bulk-attach services to hosts.

This results in unusably long Hostgroup Overview/Hostgroup Grid pages,
so I would like to be able to hide some groups from this output. I see
that as setting some parameter in group config:

hostgroup hostgroup{
	hostgroup_name 	8-core-servers
	members 	john,paul,george,ringo
	display		no
	}

I'm going to try to implement it myself anyway, but I want to ask if
anybody needs this, too, or probably something more than this, and if
there are any comments/recommendations from anyone.

--
Warm regards,
Aleksei "rusty_angel" Miheev
mailto:aleksei at miheev.info | xmpp:aleksei at miheev.info