[icinga-users] Howto setup icinga to monitor my postfix mailserver?

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Sun Aug 16 14:47:25 CEST 2009

Great news! I have simple monitoring running for postfix \o/

By adding this to localhost.cfg     (located
in  /usr/local/icinga/etc/objects)

> # Postfix vk7hse.hobby-site.org
> define service{
> 	use				local-service
> 	host_name			localhost
> 	service_description		SMTP
> 	check_command			check_smtp

And creating postfix.cfg     (located in  /usr/local/icinga/etc/objects)

> define host{
> 	use                             generic-postfix
> 	host_name                       localhost
> 	alias                           postfix
> 	address                         192.168.0.1
> 	check_command                   check_smtp
> 	max_check_attempts              10
> 	notification_interval           120
> 	notification_period             24×7
> 	notification_options            d,u,r
> 	contact_groups                  admins
> 	}

Sorry for quotes but the format was mangled otherwise! I now am starting
to see the relationship between the term service and host!

Thanks to Christian for the URL, although implemented slightly different
to nagois I have it working !!!!

--
Scott Evans <scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org>

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the
individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately
by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.