[icinga-users] Can't find libdbi when running configure

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Aug 19 16:37:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

Hendrik Baecker wrote the following on 19.08.2009 14:36:

> Nevertheless - this case shows up that we've missed something - the
> ability to give paths for the libdbi stuff to configure.
Ah, thx, you caught my idea which I have lost on monday! I have looked
over configure and that's the part which is missing.
> Up to now it's just a automated detection which might not be good for
> all those systems.
Mh for what I can tell, it could be a bug from RHEL packages too. I do
not really remember that but working with the repo packages I have seen
that the libdbi isn't linked against the libdbi-drivers for whatever
reason. If we are deploying MySQL and Postgres it would be good to ask
users to check on different OS if and how it is working (I can only
check on RHEL 5 and Debian 5).

Kind regards,