[icinga-users] idoutils: Column length too big for column 'long_output'

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Aug 19 16:46:14 CEST 2009

Hi there,

first of all, please be so kind and start a new thread with your subject
instead of replying and only changing the subject line. The thread id
will be a new one and the tree sorting will get more readable.

John.Greenhalgh at ses.com wrote the following on 19.08.2009 15:59:

> I'm on mysql version 4.1.22 and the latest icinga from git
Correct me if I am wrong but this version should contain the
"long_output" patch for IDOUtils and that's the mai nreason causing your
problem.
> From http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/string-type-overview.html
> I see that I need version 5.0.3 or above to support varchar > 255 chars
Yep, that's true... thanks for the reply so we need to upgrade icinga
requirements then.
In your case ... if you cannot upgrade your Mysql server you can modify
the mysql.sql to varchar(255), it will remain useless as dbhandler
should send the whole long output as Mysql will truncate the value...
@Hendrik, please correct me in this case if i am wrong.

Kind regards,