[icinga-users] Multiple States/Colors for Service Responses

Assaf flatto ctxr40 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 10:18:59 CEST 2009

AFAIK icinga currently support only 4 status , OK , WARNING , CRITICAL and
UNKNOWN ( the PENDING status is not releveant since it does not involve a
reply form a server ).

In order to accomplish the return status's you wish for , you'll have to
modify the status.c and add more status variables and also modify the plugin
scripts to accommodate the return values you need.

Or write custom checks that return one of the 4 statuses above upon meeting
the criteria you want depending on status .

Assaf

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Andrew Matthews <andy at infomancers.com>wrote:

> Is it possible for Icinga to support more that the current 3 states
> (OK, Warning, Critical) for services?
>
> I am currently using Nagios with an mssql plugin to monitor multiple
> SQL servers. We are looking at the various responses for certain
> events - (Queued, Running, Warning, OK, Failed, Timeout) and want to
> color the service status according to the state.
>
> -Andy

Never Ever Cut a Deal With A Dragon