[icinga-users] Nagios trademark threats

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 05:20:16 CEST 2009

(My apologies in advance if this is not the best place for this question)

I own some domains with the word "nagios" in them, and now I am getting
nastigrams from Nagios.com people that I am violating Nagios trademark. I'm
not doing anything with the domains, and Nagios enterprises is insisting
that I turn them over to them.

A few questions regarding this....

(a) Am I in violation of US trademark issues? There might be a GoDaddy page
on them, but if so, that's it.
(b) Are other people getting harassed about their use of the Nagios name?
(c) Is this why the Nagios project was forked? (Sorry, I'm out of touch on
this issue)

Also on LinkedIn?  Feel free to add me as a friend: scubacuda at gmail.com