[icinga-users] chmod 777 icinga.cmd???

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Sat Sep 5 12:21:13 CEST 2009

Am Samstag, den 05.09.2009, 11:48 +0200 schrieb Fritjof:

> Hi,
>
> if I want to deactivate  notifications or something like that icinga
> means there is no access to /usr/local/icings/var/rw/icinga.cmd .
> But if I change the rights  'chmod 777' it works  perfectly - the
> owner:group is icinga:icinga!
>
> Is this really necessary to give all rights to icinga.cmd?
>
> Greetings,

Make the rw dir setgid and for the group used. Example from nagios

drwxr-sr-x 2 nagios nagiocmd 4096 31. Aug 11:02 /var/nagios/rw/

and put the webserver in this group. The command file is created inside
that dir wehn icinga starts.

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach