[icinga-users] icinga ido2db and nagvis

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tue Sep 8 14:02:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

John.Greenhalgh at ses.com wrote the following on 08.09.2009 13:50:

> I have the same problem. I used -i ndo2db working fine with Icinga
> 0.8.2 and PHP5.3 on RHEL4
If ndo2db was found correctly, it would have been installed somwhere on
your system.

Looking at the install.sh Code you may see that the check is hardcoded
to the binary - which is not that good.

        echo $NAGVIS_BACKEND | grep -i "NDO2DB" >/dev/null
        if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
                # Check NDO
                [ -z "$NDO_MOD"
]&&NDO_MOD="$NAGIOS_PATH/bin/ndo2db-${NAGVER}x"
                NDO=`$NDO_MOD --version 2>/dev/null | grep -i "^NDO2DB"`

                # maybe somebody removed version information
                if [ -z "$NDO" ]; then
                        NDO_MOD="$NAGIOS_PATH/bin/ndo2db"
                        NDO=`$NDO_MOD --version 2>/dev/null | grep -i
"^NDO2DB"`
                fi
                [ -z "$NDO" ]&&NDO_MOD="NDO Module ndo2db"
                log "  $NDO_MOD (ndo2db)" $NDO
                BACKENDS="ndo2db"
        fi

If you change the backend definition to

# backends to use
NAGVIS_BACKENDS="ndo2db,ndo2fs,merlin,ido2db"

and add a new backend search with ido2db, it should run fine. Either
way, please report this to the NagVis Coders then they can supply a
patch for the problem. I don't think this relays on different Icinga
versions, it's simply the hardcoded binary name.

Kind regards,