[icinga-users] Icinga 1.2 unified stable released!

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Oct 6 12:21:23 CEST 2010

http://www.icinga.org/2010/10/06/icinga-1-2-unified-stable-released/

Live from OSMC in Nuremberg -- we did it! Icinga 1.2 hits the next level
of opensource monitoring!

Bringing you the latest Icinga release -- */unified version 1.2 for
core, classic ui, idoutils, docs, api and web/* :-)

New */Icinga-Web/* features long awaited *PNP4Nagios Integration* (have
a look in etc/contrib/) and missing *comments integrated into hosts and
services view*. Next to that we've added *PENDING states to reflect
checks not yet executed* while the *live search for objects performs
excellent*. Having trouble with upgrading and overwritten? This is now
history, *place your custom configuration into site xml files which
won't get overwritten*! We have also added *new translations* and a
*fresh icon set* for your pleasure.

/*Icinga Classic UI*/ is not dead -- we've added more great features and
enhancements: *multiple delete for downtimes and comments* is now
available. Ever wanted *CSV Output on all CGIs*, not parsing HTML
Output? We just did it, watch out for "Export to CSV" within the Classic
UI! Thanks to Jochen Bern, the *config command expander* is now
integrated and will help you in "translating" check_command and
command_line to the shell command Icinga core will attempt to execute.
*Comments are now tooltips* on status.cgi -- this nice enhancement has
also been added to *beautified cmd.cgi*. The *menu* has been reworked a
bit, adding *unhandled problems* again. Next to that, *several fixes for
Solaris segfaults* and the complete *drop of php as a dependency* for
the Classic UI.

*/Icinga Core/* does *not skip hostchecks anymore, if servicechecks
disabled*. Furthermore, *scheduled downtime notifications are not sent
anymore on restart/reload*. An *eventhandler override* has been added to
in order to support mod_gearman. The *core dumps on Solaris and gcc3 are
all resolved*! Meanwhile, */Icinga IDOUtils/* had a significant *forking
problem when the database connection was not available. Debugged and
fixed*. Hooray!

Last, but not least -- /*Icinga documentation*/ in English and German
features *a lot of changes* invoked through ongoing development, but
also several new sections as mentioned for *Icinga Web Introduction,
Icinga Web REST API* or even complete *docs on external commands* for
Icinga Core.

A new /*reporting package*/ for Jasper has been in the works -- we've
added docs and a first package while shipping Icinga 1.2!

We hope you enjoy Icinga 1.2 <http://sourceforge.net/projects/icinga/>
and love it as we do =)

Feedback <http://feedback.icinga.org>, feature requests or bug reports
<https://dev.icinga.org> much appreciated!