[icinga-users] icinga-web 1.2.0 shows blank page; errorlog: PHP Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

Hans Feringa linux at shelob.nl
Sun Oct 17 15:27:11 CEST 2010

Installed Icinga 1.2.0, with ido2db and classic ui. Using rpmbuild on
CentOS to make rpm's from the tar balls.

This is working.

Then I added icinga-web 1.2.0, solving the necessary dependencies along
the way using Jason's Utter Ramblings Repo to solve PHP and PCRE
required versions.

Since I used the spec file to build the RPM, I did not entirely follow
the documentation, because this is based on manual configure, make, test
and install.

But apart from the build process, I followed the documentation as much
as possible.

When going to the icinga-web url I got an empty page, and the only
message in the apache error log was this:

[Sun Oct 17 15:01:43 2010] [error] [client 192.168.122.1] PHP Fatal
error:  Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

Then I decided to make the icingaWebTesting precedure to run.

The php icingaWebTesting.php did not work at first because the
test.properties file was missing.  I created one of my own:

# cat test.properties
www-user =  apache
www-group = apache
www-port = 80
//www-port-ssl = 443
web-path = http://localhost/icinga-web/
testLogin-name = root
testLogin-pass = password

The testLogin-name and -pass are the defaults.

Still it did not completely finish without errors, but mostly because it
was complaining about allocating too much memory. In the end I set it to
about 500Mb in the php.ini file. But then it gave a segmentation fault
in the end. And it still had an error in it (see below).

It also kept complaining about being unable to write into cache and log
directories. When logging in as the apache user (after temporary
allowing access to the account), I could perfectly create and remove
files from those directories.

If I do not find a solution for this, I will try to build, test and
install it manually and not using the specfile to create a RPM file. In
that case I can follow the documentation to the letter. I prefer however
to solve this situation.

[root at localhost tests]# php icingaWebTesting.php
PHPUnit @package_version@ by Sebastian Bergmann.

Running post installation checks
    Checking if cache folders exist
    Cache folders exist
.    Testing if web user can write to cache
Web user apache couldn't write to cache
/usr/share/icinga-web/etc/..//app/cachePlease check that the either the
user apache or the group apache has write access to this folder -
otherwise icinga-web won't work
1 error(s) were reported. Try to fix them? [y/n] (y)y
    Cache is writeable for web user
.y    Testing log write-access for web user
Web user apache couldn't create logfile in
/usr/share/icinga-web/etc/..//app/data/log/Please check that the either
the user apache or the group apache has write access to this folder -
otherwise icinga-web won't work
Try to fix thís error ? [y/n] (y)
.    Testing if API Connection is available
    API Connection available
.Testing accessibility
    Checking table for NsmSession...
.Insert tests
    Inserting data in NsmRole
    Inserting data in NsmUser
    Inserting data in NsmTarget
    Inserting data in NsmPrincipal
    Inserting data in NsmPrincipal
    Inserting data in NsmSession
    Inserting data in NsmLog
.Checking inserted data
.Test delete operation
..Testing actions for user modification
    Testing admin 'Add user' action
    Created user exists!
.    Testing icinga-web action : List users
    Success - result matches!
.    Testing icinga-web action : Edit user
    Alter user succeeded!
.    Testing icinga-web action: Set user preference
    Setting preferences suceeded!
.    Testing icinga-web action: Remove user preference
    Deleting preferences suceeded!
.    Testing icinga-web action: Add principal
    Adding principals suceeded!
.    Testing icinga-web action: Reading principals
    Reading principals suceeded!
.STesting actions for group modification
    Testing icinga-web action: Creating groups
    Creating roles suceeded!
.    Testing icinga-web action: Reading roles
    Reading roles suceeded!
.    Testing icinga-web action: Add principal to role
    Adding principals to role suceeded!
.    Testing icinga-web action: Reading principals
    Reading principals suceeded!
.STesting Persistence functions
    Testing state-read
    Reading state succeeded!
.    Testing state-save
    Writing state succeeded!
.FTesting interface avaibility
    Testing wrong login
    Login with wrong credentials failed. This is good as it shouldn't be
successful.
.S

Time: 17 seconds

There was 1 failure:

1) availabilityTest::testShowLoginMask
Login mask threw an exception Login mask call failed with status code 403

/usr/share/icinga-web/etc/tests/tests/interface/availabilityTest.php:19
/usr/share/icinga-web/lib/agavi/src/testing/AgaviTesting.class.php:101
/usr/share/icinga-web/etc/tests/icingaWebTesting.php:66

FAILURES!
Tests: 26, Assertions: 200, Failures: 1, Skipped: 3.
Segmentation fault