[icinga-users] Script based enable-disable

Alexander Wirt formorer at formorer.de
Fri Sep 10 08:09:26 CEST 2010

Monika Bajwa schrieb am Thursday, den 09. September 2010:

Hi,

> Hi, we have a need to enable/disable monitoring/alerting during maintenance
> windows.
> Whats the best way to achieve that in Icinga ?
Thats pretty easy, something like that should do:

#!/bin/sh

command_file="/var/lib/icinga/rw/icinga.cmd"

date=$(date +%s)

/usr/bin/printf "[%i] ENABLE_NOTIFICATIONS;%i\n" $date $date >> $command_file

(Just an example) See /usr/share/icinga/plugins/eventhandlers (the exact path
depends on your type of installation) for more examples.

Alex