[icinga-users] Icinga-Web stuck loading

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tue Sep 28 07:59:35 CEST 2010

Khoury Brazil wrote:
> Unfortunately I still have the same issue even after creating a new
> directory, cloning the git master again and rerunning $ git submodule
> init && git submodule update:
>
> /usr/src/git-master/icinga-core$ sudo git submodule init && git
> submodule update
> Submodule 'docbook' (git://git.icinga.org/icinga-doc.git
> <http://git.icinga.org/icinga-doc.git>) registered for path 'docbook'
> Submodule 'module/icinga-api' (git://git.icinga.org/icinga-api.git
> <http://git.icinga.org/icinga-api.git>) registered for path
> 'module/icinga-api'
> Directory 'docbook' exists, but is neither empty nor a git repository
> /usr/src/git-master/icinga-core$ sudo make install-api
>
> Sorry, Icinga API not available!
> Check md5 and source in ./module/icinga-api
> If using GIT, try # git submodule init && git submodule update

Hm, i still don't get it.

try

$ git clone git://git.icinga.org/icinga-core.git
$ cd icinga-core
$ git pull origin master
$ git submodule init
$ git submodule update
$ git submodule

post the given output (must be two sha1 sums)

an alternative methode getting the latest api installed into
icinga/share/icinga-api would be cloning the icinga-api.git and telling
it another prefix (which is the default for /usr/local/icinga and
installs the api in share/icinga-api)

$ git clone git://git.icinga.org/icinga-api.git
$ cd icinga-api
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/icinga/
$ sudo make install

does this method work? otherwise go to http://git.icinga.org and
download the latest snapshot tgz and install icinga-api-<sha1>.tar.gz
with adapted prefix if needed.

email: 	michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
phone: 	+43 1 4277 14359