[icinga-users] icinga-web - icingaOverallStatus and ScheduledDowntime

Philipp Herz - Profihost AG p.herz at profihost.ag
Thu Aug 18 10:54:03 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

i have set up icinga-web (1.4.1) parallel to the classic icinga
interface that we are using very frequently.

What i am wondering about now is the so called "icingaOverallStatus" at
the top of the page.

Let's say we have five services marked to be in a scheduled downtime,
because there is a problem that has to be fixed. These services are
somewhat "acknowledged" to have problems; CRTITCAL state for example.

Assuming all other services apart from the above are OK, the classic
interface does not show any CRITICAL service. Looking at the tactical
overview (classic UI) the "acknowledged" services are shown as service
problems but are correctly known to be scheduled (lighter pink).

In comparison the new-style icinga-web always counts the five critical
services looking at the "icingaOverallStatus" on top.

If you click to open the tab "services critical", you have to apply a
filter "in downtime -> is -> not" to filter out those "acknowledged"
services from the view.

So, is there a way to exclude "acknowledged" services (and hosts) from
the data being analyzed/displayed at "icingaOverallStatus"?

It would be great have a starting point, where I can adapt the data
source or the resulting values for "icingaOverallStatus".

kind regards - Philipp

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
   Philipp Herz

Profihost AG
Am Mittelfelde 29
30519 Hannover
Deutschland

Tel.: +49 (511) 5151 8000     | Fax.: +49 (511) 5151 8299

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hannover, USt-IdNr. DE813460827
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hannover, Register-Nr.: HRB 202350
Vorstand: Cristoph Bluhm, Sebastian Bluhm, Stefan Priebe
Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. iur. Winfried Huck (Vorsitzender)