[icinga-users] monitor just a service not host

Massimo Forni forni.massimo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:31:58 CEST 2011

Hi,
 from http://docs.icinga.org/latest/en/objectdefinitions.html#id1319474
[...]
check_command:
This directive is used to specify the short name of the command that
should be used to check if the host is up or down. Typically, this
command would try and ping the host to see if it is "alive". The
command must return a status of OK (0) or Icinga will assume the host
is down. If you leave this argument blank, the host will not be
actively checked
[...]

PS: remeber if you do not want to check the status of the host, you
must still set max_check_attempts to a minimum value of 1

massimo