[icinga-users] Sending mails to different mail-recipients depending on state?

Matthew Brooks matthew at sonomatechpartners.com
Fri Aug 19 07:38:34 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 00:31, Niels Kobschaetzki <
n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am quite new to Icinga and right now I am trying to get
> notifications to work the way I want them to work ;)
>
> I have two contacts, let's call them X and Y.
> E-mails should be send to X when a service or host goes into warning-,
> critical-, or recovered-state. But Y should only get e-mails when a
> service or host goes into a critical state.
> How can I realize that with Icinga?

Thanks in advance.

> Niels

According to your requirements, you set the contact definition for X to be
c,w,r and Y to only be be c

If the host goes into critical, warning or recovery X will get contacted. Y
will also be contacted, but only if if the state alert is critical.

See http://docs.icinga.org/latest/en/objectdefinitions.html#id1325570

Note, you probably want Y to at least be "c,r" as notifying someone that
something is critical without letting them know that is back up might be bad
form.

Matthew