[icinga-users] icinga new guy

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Aug 24 19:36:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 24.08.2011 18:34, Glen Huey wrote:

> Hello everyone, while I have the basic Icinga working I am
> experiencing  issues so I am considering starting from scratch.  Few
> lingering questions:

welcome :)

> In the new 1.5 version is there still a "classic" UI and the new web UI?

yes. the classic ui is shipped with the icinga-1.5.0.tar.gz while the
new web using the new doctrine web api is shipped as a seperated tarball
named icinga-web1-5.0.tar.gz

both tarballs provide a basic spec file for building your own rpms.
official packages by their respective maintainers should hit upstream
when they finalized the changes introduced in 1.5.0 and pushed new
versions (i've changed a lot to make our packagers life easier - see
CHANGES section https://wiki.icinga.org/display/Dev/Icinga+Core+Changelog)

> Are the IDOUtils required for use of either the classic and/or web UI
> or is it an optional component?  Sorry I don't even understand what
> the purpose is.

IDOUtils provide the database backend required as data source for the
new web. The classic ui still uses the native status.dat, objects.cache
and log files as data source and can't make any use of IDOUtils backend.

kind regards,
michael

email:     michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
phone:     +43 1 4277 14359