[icinga-users] Cannot open file "log/debug-2011-08-25.log", please check permissions on file or directory.

Russell Van Tassell russell at geekoncall.net
Fri Aug 26 09:35:46 CEST 2011


Is this new as-of 1.5.x? Since my 1.4.x doesn't seem to know about
--with-config-folder, and it installs(ed)
in /usr/local/icinga-web/app/data/log by default.

Going to my git repo, looks like --with-conf-folder and --with-log-folder
are both new options to configure in 1.5.0 ... but, what happens for those
on the upgrade path?


On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Jannis Moßhammer <
Jannis.Mosshammer at netways.de> wrote:

> The log dir is (per default) underneath /usr/local/icinga-web/log. Did you
> use the --with-config-folder setting when configuring?
>
> Am 25.08.2011 KW(34) um 23:39 schrieb Luis Amaro:
>
>
> the user running webserver is apache with apache group and the file didn't
> exist
>
> i created it my self and changed ownage to apache:apache with the same
> permissions of the directory 775, but the problem persisted, actually
> initially the log dir was 755 i changed that too
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Russell Van Tassell" <russell at geekoncall.net<mailto:
> russell at geekoncall.net>>
> To: icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:
> icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
> Sent: Thursday, 25 August, 2011 10:04:24 PM
> Subject: Re: [icinga-users] Cannot open file "log/debug-2011-08-25.log",
> please check permissions on file or directory.
>
>
> Stupid question:
>
>
> Who owns the log file in your log directory? Is your webserver running as
> the "apache" user, or something else like "www" or "http" or "www-data" or
> ... maybe "nobody?"
>
>
> That is, the log:
>
>
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/data/debug-2011-08-25.log
>
>
>
>
>
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Luis Amaro < luis at myitdepartment.ie
> <mailto:luis at myitdepartment.ie> > wrote:
>
>
> sorry, didn't leave much info
>
> i installed icinga and icinga-web with mysql support and the php version is
> 5.3
>
> the icinga user is icinga
> the icinga-web user is icinga-web
> the apache user is apache
>
> the log dir has this permissions
>
> drwxrwxr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Aug 25 18:07
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/data/log
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Michael Friedrich" < michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at<mailto:
> michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at> >
> To: icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:
> icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
> Sent: Thursday, 25 August, 2011 7:13:18 PM
> Subject: Re: [icinga-users] Cannot open file "log/debug-2011-08-25.log",
> please check permissions on file or directory.
>
>
>
> On 25.08.2011 19 :31, Luis Amaro wrote:
> I installed icinga-weg v.1.5.0 on a Centos 5.6 with icinga 1.5.0
>
> after installing and trying to access the login page i get this error
>
> how did you install it?
>
>
>
> A critical exception occured!
>
> Uncaught AgaviLoggingException thrown:
> Cannot open file "log/debug-2011-08-25.log", please check permissions on
> file or directory.
>
> Stacktrace:
> #0
> /usr/local/icinga-web/lib/agavi/src/logging/AgaviStreamLoggerAppender.class.php(113):
> AgaviFileLoggerAppender->getHandle()
> #1 /usr/local/icinga-web/lib/agavi/src/logging/AgaviLogger.class.php(58):
> AgaviStreamLoggerAppender->write(Object(AgaviLoggerMessage))
> #2
> /usr/local/icinga-web/lib/agavi/src/logging/AgaviLoggerManager.class.php(291):
> AgaviLogger->log(Object(AgaviLoggerMessage))
> #3
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/modules/AppKit/lib/util/AppKitAgaviUtil.class.php(56):
> AgaviLoggerManager->log('Auth.Provider: ...', 16)
> #4
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/modules/AppKit/lib/model/AppKitBaseModel.class.php(102):
> AppKitAgaviUtil::log(Array)
> #5
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/modules/AppKit/lib/auth/AppKitAuthProviderBaseModel.class.php(28):
> AppKitBaseModel->log('Auth.Provider: ...', 'internal', 16)
> #6
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(441):
> AppKitAuthProviderBaseModel->initialize(Object(AppKitAgaviContext), Array)
> #7
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/modules/AppKit/models/Auth/DispatchModel.class.php(63):
> AgaviContext->getModel('Auth.Provider.D...', 'AppKit', Array)
> #8
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/modules/AppKit/models/Auth/DispatchModel.class.php(99):
> AppKit_Auth_DispatchModel->getProvider('internal')
> #9
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/modules/AppKit/models/Auth/DispatchModel.class.php(94):
> AppKit_Auth_DispatchModel->hasProviderWithMode(2)
> #10
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/modules/AppKit/actions/Login/SilentAuthAction.class.php(34):
> AppKit_Auth_DispatchModel->hasSilentProvider()
> #11
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(949):
> AppKit_Login_SilentAuthAction->execute(Object(AgaviWebRequestDataHolder))
> #12
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(1463):
> AgaviExecutionContainer->runAction()
> #13
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(1255):
> AgaviExecutionFilter->execute(Object(AgaviFilterChain),
> Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #14
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(1700):
> AgaviFilter->executeOnce(Object(AgaviFilterChain),
> Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #15
> /usr/local/icinga-web/lib/agavi/src/filter/AgaviExecutionTimeFilter.class.php(64):
> AgaviFilterChain->execute(Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #16
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(1255):
> AgaviExecutionTimeFilter->execute(Object(AgaviFilterChain),
> Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #17
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(1700):
> AgaviFilter->executeOnce(Object(AgaviFilterChain),
> Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #18
> /usr/local/icinga-web/lib/agavi/src/filter/AgaviSecurityFilter.class.php(61):
> AgaviFilterChain->execute(Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #19
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(1702):
> AgaviSecurityFilter->execute(Object(AgaviFilterChain),
> Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #20
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(870):
> AgaviFilterChain->execute(Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #21
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(900):
> AgaviExecutionContainer->execute()
> #22
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(872):
> AgaviExecutionContainer->proceed()
> #23
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(1266):
> AgaviExecutionContainer->execute()
> #24
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(1255):
> AgaviDispatchFilter->execute(Object(AgaviFilterChain),
> Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #25
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(1700):
> AgaviFilter->executeOnce(Object(AgaviFilterChain),
> Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #26
> /usr/local/icinga-web/lib/agavi/src/filter/AgaviFormPopulationFilter.class.php(78):
> AgaviFilterChain->execute(Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #27
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(1700):
> AgaviFormPopulationFilter->executeOnce(Object(AgaviFilterChain),
> Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #28
> /usr/local/icinga-web/app/cache/config/compile.xml_development__033d402eaeb08f42e4e3d5f8474e444805e2c7c6.php(579):
> AgaviFilterChain->execute(Object(AgaviExecutionContainer))
> #29 /usr/local/icinga-web/pub/index.php(44): AgaviController->dispatch()
> #30 {main}
>
> what can i do do resolve this?
>
>
> The contents of this e-mail (including attachments) are private and
> confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only
> for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, or the person
> responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you may not copy or deliver
> this e-mail or any attachments to anyone else or make any use of its
> contents; you should not read any part of this e-mail or any attachments.
> Unauthorised disclosure or communication or other use of the contents of
> this e-mail or any part thereof may be prohibited by law and may constitute
> a criminal offence. If you receive this e-mail by mistake please notify
> info at myitdepartment.ie<mailto:info at myitdepartment.ie>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> EMC VNX: the world's simplest storage, starting under $10K
> The only unified storage solution that offers unified management
> Up to 160% more powerful than alternatives and 25% more efficient.
> Guaranteed. http://p.sf.net/sfu/emc-vnx-dev2dev
> _______________________________________________
> icinga-users mailing list
> icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:
> icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/icinga-users
>
>
> --
> DI (FH) Michael Friedrich
>
> Vienna University Computer Center
> Universitaetsstrasse 7 A-1010 Vienna, Austria
>
> email: michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at<mailto:
> michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at>
> phone: +43 1 4277 14359
> mobile: +43 664 60277 14359
> fax: +43 1 4277 14338
> web: http://www.univie.ac.at/zid
> http://www.aco.net
>
> Icinga Core& IDOUtils Developer
> http://www.icinga.org
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> EMC VNX: the world's simplest storage, starting under $10K
> The only unified storage solution that offers unified management
> Up to 160% more powerful than alternatives and 25% more efficient.
> Guaranteed. http://p.sf.net/sfu/emc-vnx-dev2dev
> _______________________________________________
> icinga-users mailing list
> icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/icinga-users
>
>
> The contents of this e-mail (including attachments) are private and
> confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only
> for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, or the person
> responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you may not copy or deliver
> this e-mail or any attachments to anyone else or make any use of its
> contents; you should not read any part of this e-mail or any attachments.
> Unauthorised disclosure or communication or other use of the contents of
> this e-mail or any part thereof may be prohibited by law and may constitute
> a criminal offence. If you receive this e-mail by mistake please notify
> info at myitdepartment.ie
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> EMC VNX: the world's simplest storage, starting under $10K
> The only unified storage solution that offers unified management
> Up to 160% more powerful than alternatives and 25% more efficient.
> Guaranteed. http://p.sf.net/sfu/emc-vnx-dev2dev
> _______________________________________________
> icinga-users mailing list
> icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/icinga-users
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> EMC VNX: the world's simplest storage, starting under $10K
> The only unified storage solution that offers unified management
> Up to 160% more powerful than alternatives and 25% more efficient.
> Guaranteed. http://p.sf.net/sfu/emc-vnx-dev2dev
> _______________________________________________
> icinga-users mailing list
> icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/icinga-users
>
>
> The contents of this e-mail (including attachments) are private and
> confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only
> for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, or the person
> responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you may not copy or deliver
> this e-mail or any attachments to anyone else or make any use of its
> contents; you should not read any part of this e-mail or any attachments.
> Unauthorised disclosure or communication or other use of the contents of
> this e-mail or any part thereof may be prohibited by law and may constitute
> a criminal offence. If you receive this e-mail by mistake please notify
> info at myitdepartment.ie
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> EMC VNX: the world's simplest storage, starting under $10K
> The only unified storage solution that offers unified management
> Up to 160% more powerful than alternatives and 25% more efficient.
> Guaranteed. http://p.sf.net/sfu/emc-vnx-dev2dev
> _______________________________________________
> icinga-users mailing list
> icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/icinga-users
>
> ---
> Jannis Moßhammer
> Software Developer
>
> NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 15-19 | D-90429 Nürnberg
> Tel: +49 911 92885-66 | Fax: +49 911 92885-77
> GF: Julian Hein | AG Nürnberg HRB18461
>
> www.netways.de<http://www.netways.de> | jannis.mosshammer at netways.de
> <mailto:jannis.mosshammer at netways.de>
>
> ** NETWAYS Open Source Monitoring Conference 2011 | Nürnberg, 29. und 30.
> November 2011 | http://www.netways.de/osmc **
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> EMC VNX: the world's simplest storage, starting under $10K
> The only unified storage solution that offers unified management
> Up to 160% more powerful than alternatives and 25% more efficient.
> Guaranteed. http://p.sf.net/sfu/emc-vnx-dev2dev
> _______________________________________________
> icinga-users mailing list
> icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/icinga-users
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.icinga.org/pipermail/icinga-users/attachments/20110826/729b39ef/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the icinga-users mailing list