[icinga-users] no data in icinga-web

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tue Aug 30 09:49:13 CEST 2011

John Larsen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am very new to this and have spent a lot of time going through the documentation. I still cannot figure this one out.
>
> I had installed core with IDOUtils
> then installed new web frontend.
>
> However, the problem I am having is core doesn't seem to be writing data to icinga database so that icinga-web can pull from. I am not exactly sure how it works because the docs seem to be scattered on this subject. I am assuming the ido2db is responsible for pushing data from core to incinga database. I have configured contacts, hosts, commands and services within /usr/local/icinga/etc/ and while I can see this data in the cgi web, there is nothing in the tables on icinga db for icinga-web to draw from.
>
> Any ideas what i might be missing?

ido2db running?
idomod enabled through icinga.cfg or as module/idoutils.cfg ?
logs stating errors?
mysql> select * from icinga_hosts join icinga_ojects on
host_object_id=object_id where name1='yourhostname' and is_active=1;

https://wiki.icinga.org/display/Dev/Icinga+Web+Testing
> running ubuntu server with php, mysql
>
> icinga-core 1.4.2

why not 1.5.0 for the core?