[icinga-users] icinga-web (1.5.0/1.5.1) does not display info icons

Marius Hein marius.hein at netways.de
Tue Aug 30 17:09:07 CEST 2011

Hi.

> as long as we are using icinga-web (1.4.1) HostStatus and ServiceStatus
> views display nice and useful icons in "Info" column like "flapping.png"
> or "downtime.png".
>
> After upgrading icinga-web to 1.5.0 (also compared 1.5.1) those icons
> are no longer displayed. As far as I can see from the XML templates,
> there is just a "minor" change like
>
> icinga-host-template:
> <parameter name="class">IcingaTemplateDisplayServiceIcons</parameter>
>     (1.4.1)
> <parameter name="class">CronkGridTemplateDisplayServiceIcons</parameter>
>    (1.5.0/1.5.1)
>
> icinga-service-template:
> <parameter name="class">IcingaTemplateDisplayServiceIcons</parameter>
>     (1.4.1)
> <parameter name="class">CronkGridTemplateDisplayServiceIcons</parameter>
>    (1.5.0/1.5.1)
>
> So a new "userFunc" is targeted to be used now. This function should be
> able to determine the desired icons by "method" parameter, which can be
> either "hostIcons" or "serviceIcons". Further investigation lead me to
> the corresponding class file which always returns NULL from private
> function "buildIcons".
>

> Is there work in progress to get icons? where to start to get this
> working again? Any hint would be nice ...

Now its work in progress. I do not have any clue why this do not work.
But I'll have a look the next days.

> Changing XML template files back to the "old way" is impossible, because
> the old class is no longer available.

Yes we just renamed the class in case of organizing the modules.

Kind regards,
 Marius.

--
Marius Hein
Senior Application Developer

NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 15-19 | D-90429 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 911 92885-0 | Fax: +49 911 92885-77
GF: Julian Hein | AG Nürnberg HRB18461

http://www.netways.de | marius.hein at netways.de

** NETWAYS Open Source Monitoring Conference 2011 | Nürnberg, 29. und
30. November 2011 | http://www.netways.de/osmc **