[icinga-users] no data in icinga-web

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Aug 31 08:57:02 CEST 2011

John Larsen wrote:
> Ok I downloaded the api and installed as per instructions:
>
> ./configure --datarootdir=/usr/local/icinga/share \
>     --sysconfdir=/usr/local/icinga/etc \
>     --with-command-user=icinga-cmd \
>     --with-command-group=icinga-cmd \
>     --with-icinga-user=icinga \
>     --with-icinga-group=icinga \
>     --with-web-user=www-data \
>     --with-web-group=www-data
> and then make install
>
> restarted ido2db and icinga.
>
> Still no data.

no no no.

you need the core dumping data to idomod (loaded neb module) writing to
ido.sock and ido2db reading from that, pushing to your database. if that
does not happen for various reasons, you don't have any data in the
database. it doesn't matter if you change the api, or web install or
whatever, if you use the queries / view on the database i tried to give
you. the web does not source from any other config/historical/status
information than idoutils db.

so.

show me the following outputs

cat /var/log/messages | grep icinga