[icinga-users] no data in icinga-web

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Aug 31 18:40:58 CEST 2011

John Larsen wrote:
> Ok ido2db is working now:
>
> icinga   16749  0.0  0.0  32208   652 ?        Ss   15:53   0:00
> /usr/local/icinga/bin/ido2db -c /usr/local/icinga/etc/ido2db.cfg
> root     16812  0.0  0.0   7624   928 pts/0    S+   15:57   0:00 grep
> --color=auto ido

only one process, so idomod isn't connected, no data dump happening.

> I missed the installation of libdbd-mysql
> also broker line turned out to be one line instead of 2.
>
> Heres current log:  Having issue with permissions - everything owned
> by icinga user.

> Copyright (c) 2005-2008 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org
> <mailto:nagios at nagios.org>), Copyright (c) 2009-2011 Icinga
> Development Team (http://www.icinga.org))
> Aug 31 16:16:22 icinga1 ido2db: IDO2DB 1.6.0-dev starting... (PID=18020)
> Aug 31 16:16:22 icinga1 ido2db: Finished daemonizing... (New PID=18023)
> Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: Icinga 1.6.0-dev starting... (PID=18034)

that's why i wanted to see the logs - this is the GIT master install,
i've tagged it 1.6.0-dev for the reason of identifying that.

> Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: Local time is Wed Aug 31 16:16:38 UTC 2011
> Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: LOG VERSION: 2.0
> Copyright (c) 2005-2008 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org
> <mailto:nagios at nagios.org>), Copyright (c) 2009-2011 Icinga
> Development Team (http://www.icinga.org))
> *Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: idomod: Could not open data sink!
>  I'll keep trying, but some output may get lost...*
> Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: Event broker module
> '/usr/local/icinga/bin/idomod.o' initialized successfully.
> Copyright (c) 2005-2008 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org
> <mailto:nagios at nagios.org>), Copyright (c) 2009-2011 Icinga
> Development Team (http://www.icinga.org))
> Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: idomod: Still unable to connect to
> data sink.  0 items lost, 15 queued items to flush.
> *Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: Event broker module
> '/usr/local/icinga/bin/idomod.o' initialized successfully.*
> Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: Warning: Could not open object cache
> file '/usr/local/icinga/var/objects.cache' for writing!
> *Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: Failed to obtain lock on file
> /usr/local/icinga/var/icinga.lock: Permission denied*
> Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: Bailing out due to errors encountered
> while attempting to daemonize... (PID=18034)
> Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: idomod: Shutdown complete.
> Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: Event broker module
> '/usr/local/icinga/bin/idomod.o' deinitialized successfully.
> Aug 31 16:16:38 icinga1 icinga: Caught SIGSEGV, shutting down...

that clearly states that there is a permission problem. as which user do
you start icinga core?

ist selinux enabled?

email: 	michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
phone: 	+43 1 4277 14359