[icinga-users] classic UI and idodb

ml at dtnet.de ml at dtnet.de
Fri Dec 28 15:04:20 CET 2012

Hello,

I've questions about using database backend for icinga with classic UI.
Do they work together? Could the classic UI fetch the data for the
reporting stuff like trends, availability etc from the database?

So far, I run icinga without database and all the reporting data is in a
huge amount of logfiles. Access to them is quite slow. I now would like
to move from those logfiles to a database.
I'd like to keep the configuration of the checks etc in plain files and
would like to still use the classic UI. Is this possible?

Could someone please shed some light on this? It's a bit unclear from
the documentation.

Regards,
Markus