[icinga-users] Write in a Oracle database with Icinga???

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 19:37:54 CET 2012

On 11.12.2012 14:07, Assaf Flatto wrote:
> There has been work done on the IDO to make it compatible with most *nix
> running DB's (mysql  and Postgres being the heavily focused on), AFAIK
> IDO should work with Oracle to some extent but you better consult the
> wiki and Docs about the integration with oracle as it might not be as
> fully fleshed as the functionality with Postgres and Mysql.

huh? i've implemented full oracle support more than 3 years ago into
idoutils. since then, thomas applied some further benefits in queries
and other improvements to the code, which makes oracle currently the
best supported rdbms among all 3.

the shortcoming of mysql and pgsql is clearly libdbi not supporting
prepared statements nor transactions. which does make a difference on
large scale environments. consider that a todo for icinga2 (look for the
existing issue yourself then).