[icinga-users] Problem with PostgreSQL and FROM_UNIXTIME(int)?

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 21:55:15 CET 2012

On 16.12.2012 21:49, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> I followed the instruction on the wiki but I found the problem...
> I see that the missing function is in the create schema script but the problem is that the create function statement looks like this:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION from_unixtime(integer) RETURNS timestamp with time zone AS '
>           SELECT to_timestamp($1) AS result' LANGUAGE 'SQL';
>

> And I did not notice that there was an error when I ran the script... Apparently PostgreSQL does not understand LANGUAGE 'SQL' and it needs to be in
> lowercase, like this LANGUAGE 'sql'.... Then the function is created...

ok. that's a known bug with postgresql 9.2 (does not happen with
previous versions) and was resolved.

https://dev.icinga.org/issues/3308

kind regards,
michael

mail:     michael.friedrich at gmail.com
twitter:  https://twitter.com/dnsmichi
jabber:   dnsmichi at jabber.ccc.de
irc:      irc.freenode.net/icinga dnsmichi

icinga open source monitoring
position: lead core developer
url:      https://www.icinga.org