[icinga-users] Performance tuning/scaling Icinga

Wolfgang wnd at gmx.net
Tue Feb 21 13:10:31 CET 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:16:29 +0100
> Von: Devdas Bhagat <devdas.bhagat at booking.com>
> An: icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Betreff: Re: [icinga-users] Performance tuning/scaling Icinga

> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 09:25:02PM +0100, Wolfgang wrote:
> <snip>
>

> > Have you had a look at http://docs.icinga.org/latest/en/tuning.html
> already?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Have a look at http://docs.icinga.org/latest/en/temp_data.html as well.
> >
> I'll try out the ramdisk idea. OTOH, my understanding is that using a
> ramdisk would help if my bottleneck was IO (as opposed to CPU).
>
> Devdas Bhagat

Right. One of the problems might be that some internal things are done sequentially using only one of your many cores. Maybe you can check if all cores are used equally or if only a few are fully loaded.

The latencies I meant where the Icinga values output by icingastats.

A look at icinga.cfg might be nice as well.