[icinga-users] We are thinking of using Icinga in our oganisation

Casper Allerslev (CAL) cal at thrane.com
Sat Mar 3 17:08:23 CET 2012

Hi All,

I'm not that comfortable with Linux though i don't mind learning it or playing with it. We are thinking of implementing Icinga as our monitoring tool in the company.

I have some question regarding this.

I managed to install the IDOutil version of Icinga... Reading a bit more into this I realize I properly should have installed the other one.

What they both have in common is that I end up with the standard web interface.. If I want the cool new one what do I have to do? I found a install guide for installing the new website but I didn't take it to be what I needed since it seemed a little complex. I figured I just had to download the right file with icinga install in it or something.

Reading a bit more into this I'm starting to think that perhaps all installs of icinga comes with the standard web interface and that you indeed need to do the (in my eyes) a bit more complex web install after you have installed icinga to get the super new web interface..

Am I right?

Casper Allerslev Jensen
IT assistant, IT

T: +45 69 66 97 65
M: +45 50 40 18 92
E cal at thrane.com<mailto:cal at thrane.com>

Thrane & Thrane A/S - Lundtoftegaardsvej 93 D
DK-2800  Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark - www.thrane.com<http://www.thrane.com/>
T +45 39 55 88 00 - F +45 39 55 88 88