[icinga-users] Windows Active Directory for Icinga-web user management

Maarten Minnebo leegaert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 09:26:54 CET 2012

Hello

I'm doing my internship and I'm trying to set up an Icinga monitoring
server. We're doing this at an IT company who wants to monitor all of its
clients.

They want to be able to logon to the icinga-web with their own Windows AD
user accounts. At the moment I've set up a virtual network with two Windows
Server 2008 R2 machines in it, spread over two laptops. One (in VirtualBox)
is the DC with AD, DNS and File Server on it. The other one is installed on
a laptop and has Hyper-V on it. In Hyper-V, I installed CentOS 6.2 with
Icinga.

I found out that I had to edit the auth.xml file but it seems that for now
only the administrator account can logon to the icinga-web. Other users
(with our without administrator rights) cannot login.
I've based the auth.xml file on this tutorial:
https://wiki.icinga.org/display/howtos/Beginner+-+Setting+up+active+directory+authenticationfor+icinga-web
But as there's little explanation regarding to the values I should replace,
I'm a little confused here.

*Files:
*

   - auth.conf file: http://pastebin.com/RZFKWcwG