[icinga-users] Icinga check_postgres.pl

Christian Gebler geblerchristian at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 2 13:13:29 CET 2012

2012/3/2 Alexander Wirt <formorer at formorer.de>

> Christian Gebler schrieb am Freitag, den 02. März 2012:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > i want to check whether my postgreSQL-Server connection is active or
> > broken.
> > I tried to use a script called "check_postgre.pl" and defined all
> commands
> > and services.
> > Icinga is running on a dedicated server, without postgreSQL, the
> > postgre-server i want to check is in the same network.
> > In the check_postgre.pl script i defined all ports and the "PSQL" path,
> but
> > icinga said something like "error: no psql executable". So i think icinga
> > trying to run the psql executable on the local server but not on the
> > postgre-server i want to check? Can i check the connection from the
> > postgre-server without having postgreSQL installed on my icinga machine?
> You want to use http://bucardo.org/wiki/Check_postgres
> It uses perl DBI and there fore doesn't need psql (which is btw. in
> included
> in the client package and not in the server package).
>

> Alex
> >--
> Alexander Wirt, formorer at formorer.de
> CC99 2DDD D39E 75B0 B0AA  B25C D35B BC99 BC7D 020A

Okay, thanks for the package. Now i have to install it on the
Postgre-Server and then i configure the commands on the icinga-server in
the commands.cfg and the service in the host.cfg, like above, right?

On the PostgreServer is the nrpe daemon installed. There i have to
configure the command for the postgre-check as well?