[icinga-users] Icinga check_postgres.pl

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Fri Mar 2 14:47:39 CET 2012

On 02.03.2012 11:13, Christian Gebler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i want to check whether my postgreSQL-Server connection is active or
> broken.
> I tried to use a script called "check_postgre.pl
> <http://check_postgre.pl>" and defined all commands and services.
if you mean check_postgres by bucano -
https://wiki.icinga.org/display/howtos/check_postgres - this works
pretty straight forward with different actions. just make sure the
icinga box gets a trusted *read only* (!) user on the postgresql cluster
having grants to select the db as well as tables etc. see the wiki guide
for some details.

the one provided with the nagios plugins package is rather ancient and
not advised to use.

email:     michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
phone:     +43 1 4277 14359
mobile:    +43 664 60277 14359