[icinga-users] keeping Icinga configurations in sync

Martin Gignac martin.gignac at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:14:12 CET 2012

Hi Isaac,

One idea that might help would be to attempt to script some things to
> output the configuration files that I need... Are there tools out
> there that do that already?

At our site we store all host definitions in an Excel spreadsheet that we
can use to quickly copy/paste new node definitions. We then convert the
Excel file to CSV format which is easily parsed by a small custom Python
script that uses the 'csv' module.

Using your own custom script (written in Python, Perl, Ruby or other)  you
could add a column in your CSV file that classifies a host as local or
external and then have your script customize the host entries using 'if'
statements and a check of the local/external status.

-Martin