[icinga-users] check_snmp syntax question

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Feb 5 19:01:27 CET 2013

Hello --

I am testing out check_snmp on our printers, and I have been successful using the following syntax:

./check_snmp -H <ip adddress> -C public -o sysDescr.0

which has provided the following output:

SNMP OK - HP ETHERNET MULTI-ENVIRONMENT,ROM R.22.01,JETDIRECT,JD95,EEPROM R.25.57,CIDATE 05/02/2006 |

What I am trying to do now is get the status of the printer with the goal of generating output that would
indicate if toner is low, or if other components are in need of service. What would be the correct syntax
to use to accomplish this?

Thanks.

dispose of the e-mail.