[icinga-users] host is up notifications

Simon Oosthoek soosthoek at nieuwland.nl
Fri Feb 8 11:39:21 CET 2013

Hi

I've setup a small installation of icinga 1.8.4 at home, but although it
only monitors itself for now, I get e-mails every hour (during my
notification period) about how the localhost is up... I suppose it could
be useful to know that icinga is working, but my problem is that I don't
see why this is happening.

I've studied the options that are set (it's basically the default
configuration from the tarball with modifications so I get the e-mails
and some specific disk monitoring), but I don't know which one generates
e-mails when the PROBLEM = host is UP (which I don't consider a problem ;-)

I'm probably overlooking something in the docs, but I can't find it...

Cheers

Simon