[icinga-users] Downtime Still Sending Notifications

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Fri Feb 1 22:27:58 CET 2013

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2013, Ryan Frizzell wrote:

> I got a chance to upgrade to icinga 1.8.4 today along with icinga-web 1.8.1
> it seems that the issue is still present. I'll submit downtime and a couple
> of hours later it will actually take effect. Is it possible i need to
> change external_command_buffer_slots to something larger than 4096?

    I forget the name of the package off the top of my head, but
there's a very useful one that graphs the output of the performance
data of the core itself that can be useful in situations like this.

    There is also the executable that's built along with the core,
"icingastats" that will tell you how many external commands have
been processed over the past 1/5/15 minute time-frame as well as a
count of Used/High/Total Command Buffers.

    That having been said, you'll need to be accepting a whole boat-
load of external commands (or reading the command file very
infrequently) to exhaust the default of 4096 slots.