[icinga-users] Email NOtification

Marko Vainiokangas marko.vainiokangas at atea.se
Tue Feb 5 07:43:08 CET 2013

> Hi Team

> when i restart the server .currently we are faceing this issue suggest some advise on this

> 1360039193] Warning: Attempting to execute the command "/usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios *****\n\nNotification
> Type: PROBLEM\n\nService: load\nHost: Dev West App1\nAddress:
> ec2-50-112-23-231.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com\nState: UNKNOWN\n\nDate/Time:
> Tue Feb 5 04:39:53 UTC 2013\n\nAdditional Info:\n\nNRPE: Unable to read output\n"
> | /bin/mail -s "** PROBLEM Service Alert: Dev West App1/load is UNKNOWN
> **" noc at evergent.com -- -f noc at evergent.com" resulted in a return code of 127.? Make sure the script or binary you are trying to execute actually exists...

As it says, make sure that /bin/mail exists or it cannot pipe the mail to that application. Not everyone has that particular mail client installed. Some use sendmail, others qmail, etc. etc..

Configure a mail client for icinga to use to send out notifications and modify the command.cfg accordingly, to suit the formating that console application can handle.

Marko Vainiokangas