[icinga-users] notification command configuration

Simon Oosthoek soosthoek at nieuwland.nl
Wed Feb 6 16:16:42 CET 2013

Hi John

that's exactly what I was looking for, very odd to see that something
like this has not yet been integrated with icinga/nagios.
What is also very surprising, if you look at other options in the same
exchange category, they all appear to go for the "pass as argument" option.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to integrate this somehow in our nagios/icinga
system...

BTW, I think the script is quite readable, I can easily adapt it for use
with ICINGA or make modifications. Thanks for making it and sharing :-)

On 02/06/2013 03:14 PM, John Sellens wrote:

> As for forcing Icinga (or whatever) to send a notification, just unplug
> something :-)  Or, if that's not an option, you could add a check that is
> bound to fail e.g. check for a TCP port that you know is closed.

I was afraid of that ;-)

Cheers

Simon