[icinga-users] host is up notifications

Simon Oosthoek soosthoek at nieuwland.nl
Fri Feb 8 16:26:06 CET 2013

On 02/08/2013 04:11 PM, Wolfgang wrote:
> Notifications are sent when the status changes into a HARD state, or when in a non_OK-state and a notification interval is set.
>
> Please check if the notifications are sent right after the host is checked.
> On the other hand the mail interval doesn't match the notification interval.

I think I figured it out and it's my own fault :-(

The script is stupendously simpel (as in stupid) and I use the same
script for host and service notifications (which is wrong!) I just
forgot to adjust it for service notifications...

So every time the service check comes up critical (which it does, with
3% left free on /home), the script is called, sends out the host status,
which is UP. So instead of notifying me of the disk problem, the script
sends out the host variables values instead.

So problem solved ;-)

Thanks for helping me debug it, Wolfgang!

Cheers

Simon