[icinga-users] Configurator web front

Gerd Radecke wi2009i at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 10:10:32 CET 2013

2013/2/21 <vicente.gonzalez at ono.es>

> Hi everybody.****
>
> ** **
>
> Is there any web application or front end for change the configuration of
> icinga?****
>
> ** **
>
> I’m looking for something that permit to our users add new servers o
> services without use a command line interface.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks in advance.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> *Vicente González*

Hi Vicente,

there are quite a few, as others have mentioned, I've been skeptical
regarding the use of tools that have to import the whole configuration into
a database or ldap, as it gets very difficult to do anything in the config
that these tools don't support.

Adagios ( http://adagios.opensource.is/ ) parses the cfg files directly,
which at least up to 1-2k hosts is fast enough and gives you the
possibility to just go back to editing files by hand/scripts if necessary.
It's still under development, but I found it to be very stable plus the
devs react very quickly.