[icinga-users] status.cgi: custom view via statustypes filter unavailable in 1.7.1

Florian Ernst florian_ernst at gmx.net
Tue Jan 8 14:40:31 CET 2013

Hello all,

I have a production monitoring server running icinga 1.6.1 (installed
when that version was available in Debian backports).

In the classic UI, I provide filtered views, e.g.
.../status.cgi?hosts=all&style=hostservicedetail&hoststatustypes=12&servicestatustypes=24
This provides me with a nice table of hosts in either state down or state
unreachable (but without listing their individual services), and I have
the option to execute commands on these hosts. Additionally, on the same
page, this provides me with a table of services in either state critical
or state unknown (but without listing any hosts already listed in the
first table), and I have the option to execute commands on these
services.

Now I intend to update icinga to 1.7.1 as currently available in
Debian backports, but I fail to reproduce this view on a testing
monitoring server:
This URL yields two tables, but in the service table all services of
those hosts already listed in the first table are listed as well, thus
cluttering the output with redundant data.

I tried to adapt the new view
.../status.cgi?allunhandledproblems
as provided starting with 1.7 to my liking, but apparently
"allunhandledproblems" overrides any further parameters given, so I
cannot filter out any service warnings as desired in my custom view.

Furthermore, I fail to see which combination of states/properties from
http://docs.icinga.org/1.7/en/cgiparams.html could provide the desired
output.

https://dev.icinga.org/issues/2695#note-17 mentions that
"allunhandledproblems" is special. Is what I intend to do not possible
anymore with icinga 1.7.1? Any hints much welcomed.

Best regards,
Flo

PS: Alternative UIs like icinga-web, thruk and check_mk-multisite are
under evaluation, but are not considered a viable solution to the
problem at hand. I.e., the classic UI needs to remain for the time
being.