[icinga-users] Icinga sends email to $@itpassion.com

Guus Leeuw jr guus.leeuw at itpassion.com
Sat Jan 12 12:05:46 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm running icinga 1.6.1 on my production host, monitoring just 12 servers
and 95 services. I am using NagioSQL version 3.2.0 to manage the Icinga
configuration. I have one icinga instance.

The postqueue on the icinga server is ever increasing with emails that
icinga is trying to sent to $@itpassion.com.

Looking in /usr/local/icinga/etc for files that contain that email address,
I get:
[root at icinga etc]# find . -type f | xargs grep "\$@itpassion.com"
[root at icinga etc]#
To me that means that that email address is not defined anywhere in the
config.

I am therefore at a loss as to why Icinga would send emails to
$@itpassion.com.

Has anybody seen this before or has anybody an idea where I might start
looking for a solution to this problem?

Regards,
Guus