[icinga-users] multiple passive updates for the 'OK' state not triggering service notifications

Lachlan Bowes orthogonous at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 00:29:47 CET 2013

Hi All

I tried at nagios-users to no avail, so trying here as well.

I have a passive service setup in nagios. I have many things sending
passive updates to this service. I need to be able to trigger a service
notification for this service for every update.

Currently if I send (for example) 3 critical passive updates I will get 3
service notifications.

If however, I send 3 'OK' passive updates, I will get 1 service
notification.

This is due to the fact that the ok status is a soft status.

I've experimented with volatile services and stalking options to no avail.
I'd like to do what I need in nagios itself but I think I may have to write
something to sit next to nagios for this.

Does anyone on this list have any experience with this?

Regards,
  Lachlan