[icinga-users] No logging of icinga in /var/log/messages

Sascha Rauschenbach fluff2kx at fluff2kx.de
Fri Jan 11 22:36:10 CET 2013

Hello Werner,

unfortually we don't have the syslog-ng. It is very hard and took a long time to implement this paket over a service ticket.

I was looking for an "easy" way like editing some config files. Is there any easier way without installing new software?

In the case there is no other solution we have to go for softwareinstallation.

Thanks,
Sascha

If it would be easier for you, you can answer in German. ;)

Werner Flamme <werner.flamme at ufz.de> schrieb:

fluff2kx at fluff2kx.de [11.01.2013 14:48]:
> Hello All,
>
> were actually running an icinga 1.7.1.
> Since few weeks our mysqldatabase is throwing errors in /var/log/messages.
>
> Is there any possiblity to prevent the ido2db process to log into
> /var/log/messages?
> The best way would be, to get this done for all icinga relevant processes.
>
> Any idea?

Configure your syslog daemon so that it does not put messages from
ido2db into this file :-)

For syslog-ng, you may define a separate file, a filter containing
'match("ido2db")', and a log{ ... ; flags(final);}; so that the matching
entries are not passed to the next filters.

HTH
Werner

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122812