[icinga-users] Icinga sends email to $@itpassion.com

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 12:17:05 CET 2013

On 13.01.2013 08:08, Guus Leeuw jr wrote:
> [...]
>
> I cannot see a problem with the usage of the notification commands, really,
> as the email addresses all seem to be valid...

Then trace the notification command on the debug log with commands and
macros enable in debug_level, concurring with the timestamp of your
faulty mail being sent.

https://wiki.icinga.org/display/Dev/Icinga+Core+Debug+Config#IcingaCoreDebugConfig-DebugLevel
likely 2305 is what you need, but I'll leave that up to you.

It might be an empty $CONTACTEMAIL$ macro somewhere, and then your MTA
just adds the missing domain to the user (@itpassion.com) itsself.
What's the output of your MTA anyways when sending such a mail? Which
type of MTA is used, how does it it treat local aliases?

> Fixed in 1.8.1, you say?

More of a behavioural change, in what I believe, that a macro was
wrongly used within a command. Your description led to this assumption,
but still, without debug logs I cannot confirm that one for sure.

kind regards,
Michael