[icinga-users] Errors reported in configuration check

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 23:17:43 CET 2013

On 24.01.2013 21:57, Scott Dunn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, I get errors on both Nagios and
> Icinga. I get the same *exact* errors when I run the command "icinga -v
> icinga.cfg", with Nagios and Icinga.

well parts of the core are still the same, so do the config errors done
by the users create similar outputs telling him/her to fix those.

> Here are the errors:
>
> Reading configuration data...
> Error: Cannot open resource file '/etc/icinga/resource.cfg' for reading!

so, the icinga user cannot read the resource file.

> Error in configuration file '/etc/icinga/icinga.cfg' - Line 548 (Check
> result path is not a valid directory)
>     Error processing main config file!

what's in line 548 and is that location valid?

> In both cases (Nagios and Icinga), the file in the path identified in
> the first error exists. The check result path is actually correct. Even
> the permissions appear to be correct.

'appear' isn't a nice word. show them to us.

> These errors result from a clean install of Ubuntu 12.04, running "sudo
> apt-get install icinga (or nagios3)".

but you got some syslog entries telling which version, arenn't you?

> Please advise on how to proceed.

provide more information and outputs from your shell.