[icinga-users] Downtime Still Sending Notifications

Ryan Frizzell ry.frizzell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 23:52:17 CET 2013


so it seems that what is really happening here is that there is a
tremendous lag, when i submit large quantities of downtime requests. Its a
few hours later and now all of the services are in downtime.


On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Ryan Frizzell <ry.frizzell at gmail.com>wrote:

> Michael,
>
> When i submit downtime through the new ui. The command comes through in
> the log as :
>
> [1359581723] EXTERNAL COMMAND: SCHEDULE_SVC_DOWNTIME;myhost.mydomain.com;service
> process;1359585415;1359705600;1;0;7200;rfrizzell;accept my downtime already
>
> its odd that a good portion of the hosts actually do go into downtime.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ryan
>
>
>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Michael Friedrich <
> michael.friedrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  On 30.01.2013 22:09, Ryan Frizzell wrote:
>>
>> OS is CentOS 6.3
>> Icinga Version is 1.8.1
>> using the new UI, icinga-web 1.8.0
>>
>>  install method is via source
>>
>>  configure line is:
>>
>>  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/icinga --with-nrpe-user=icinga
>> --with-nrpe-group=icinga --with-nagios-user=icinga
>> --with-nagios-group=icinga --with-command-group=icinga-cmd
>> --enable-idoutils --enable-ssl --libexecdir=/usr/local/icinga/libexec
>> --bindir=/usr/local/icinga/bin
>>
>>
>> looks a bit mixed up as nrpe_user is nothing icinga would understand.
>>
>> anyways, and how does the command look like which is being sent for the
>> downtime then?
>>
>>
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>
>>  Ryan
>>
>>
>>  On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Michael Friedrich <
>> michael.friedrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  On 30.01.2013 21:50, Ryan Frizzell wrote:
>>>
>>> I've got a strange issue when i submit downtime for say 50 services,
>>> maybe 1/4 of them actually go into downtime. If I look at downtimes all the
>>> services show up on that page in icinga however, if i look at the host's
>>> services page, the downtime icon is not present. Yet the comment saying
>>> that the host is in scheduled downtime is present.
>>>
>>>  I've turned on debugging in a couple of places but so far the only
>>> thing i've managed to find is confirmation that external commands to
>>> schedule downtime are being sent for all hosts/services.
>>>
>>>
>>> - os and version
>>> - icinga version
>>> - install method (src or pkg)
>>> - which ui is used
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
>>> Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics
>>> Download AppDynamics Lite for free today:http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_jan
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>  _______________________________________________
>>> icinga-users mailing listicinga-users at lists.sourceforge.nethttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/icinga-users
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
>>> Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics
>>> Download AppDynamics Lite for free today:
>>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_jan
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> icinga-users mailing list
>>> icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net
>>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/icinga-users
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
>> Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics
>> Download AppDynamics Lite for free today:http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_jan
>>
>>
>>
>>  _______________________________________________
>> icinga-users mailing listicinga-users at lists.sourceforge.nethttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/icinga-users
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
>> Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics
>> Download AppDynamics Lite for free today:
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_jan
>> _______________________________________________
>> icinga-users mailing list
>> icinga-users at lists.sourceforge.net
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/icinga-users
>>
>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.icinga.org/pipermail/icinga-users/attachments/20130130/33c0213c/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the icinga-users mailing list