[icinga-users] icinga-web install confusion

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 20:03:28 CET 2013

On 25.02.2013 23:40, Mike Dopp wrote:

> I have been attempting to setup icinga-web to monitor hosts.

which version of icinga web?

> I have been using this page to do the initial icinga install.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 12.04 server 64bit
>
> https://wiki.icinga.org/display/howtos/Setting+up+Icinga+with+IDOUtils+on+Ubuntu

packages or source install? which version of icinga?

> This seems to install correctly but cannot see hosts with nrpe.

a little more details on the issue? how did you attempt to configure
icinga in order to add hosts with nrpe checks?

> So my next attempt is to install the web version.
>
> I get most the way until this part:
>
> https://wiki.icinga.org/display/howtos/Setting+up+Icinga+Web+on+Ubuntu
>
> “# cd /path/to/your/icinga-web-src/” Not sure what the real path is?
>
> My assumption is that the install is not finishing correctly.

i do not really get it. if you tried to install icinga web via packages,
you should have left the source install alone (as the note remarks).

if you are really trying to install icinga web from source, this will be
your icinga web source directory, where you've extracted the tarball.

> Any easier or clearer way to do this?

depending on the repositories available, try the package way with

# apt-get install icinga icinga-web